What the warranty covers:
nextScan warrants the Eclipse and FlexScan products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, nextScan will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement product or parts may include re-manufactured or refurbished parts or components.
Length of the warranty:
- nextScan and ST Imaging’s products, purchased in the U.S are warranted for one (1) year for parts and labor, under Return to Depot mode. The warranty period begins the day the product is purchased by the end user. Proof of purchase is required.
- The ST Viewscan light source is warranted for the useful life of the scanner or 10 years.
- nextScan and ST Imaging accessory products carry limited warranties. See the product page for additional detail per model.
- All nextScan and ST Imaging parts, refurbished or exchanged products carry a sixty (60) day limited warranty on parts and labor, or will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer’s original limited warranty or whichever is longer.
Who the warranty protects:
- This warranty is valid only for the first end user, purchaser of the scanner, and is non-transferable. This warranty is valid only for units deployed in the USA and Canada.
- Warranty is void if products are exported or deployed out of the USA and Canada.
What the warranty does not cover:
- Any products on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- nextScan provides no warranty for the third-party software included with the product or installed by the customer.
- Units exported out of the USA and Canada.
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from: Accident, misuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning, or other acts of nature, unauthorized product modification, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by nextScan.
- Damage to, or loss of, any programs, data or removable storage media.
- Software or data loss occurring during repair or replacement.
- Any damage of the product due to poor packaging and shipment.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting nextScan’s specifications.
- Parts subject to normal wear such as rubber rollers and others defined as consumables.
- Failure of owner to perform periodic product maintenance as indicated by the manufacturer.
- Broken upper or lower glass.
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect.
- Damage to, or abuse of, the coating on the surface of the scanner through inappropriate cleaning as described in product User Guide.
- Removal, installation, and set-up service charges.
- Shipping from the customer site to the factory. All scanners are returned to the customer via standard ground shipment. Expedited shipment is available at the then current price.
How to get service:
For information on obtaining warranty service, call your nextScan representative or contact nextScan Support for a Return Material Authorization number (RMA). You will be required to provide:
- A copy of the dated sales slip or other proof of purchase and installation.
- Your name.
- Your ship to address, email address and phone number.
- The model number and serial number of the product located on the scanner.
- A description of the problem.
Bring or ship the product prepaid in the original container and packed as originally received following the packing and unpacking instructions with the associated accessories, to nextScan. Insurance on the returning product is recommended should you experience any transportation claim from the carrier you select.
nextScan and ST Imaging are not responsible for any returned product without an assigned RMA.
Limitation of implied warranties:
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION CONTAINED HEREIN INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Exclusion of damages:
NEXTSCAN’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT. NEXTSCAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR:
- DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT, DAMAGES BASED UPON INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, LOSS OF TIME, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERFERENCE WITH BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- ANY OTHER DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE.
- ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE CUSTOMER BY ANY OTHER PARTY.
Effect of local law:
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from locality to locality. Some localities do not allow limitations on implied warranties and/or do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Sales outside the U.S.A. and Canada:
For nextScan products sold outside the U.S. and Canada, contact your nextScan Reseller or nextScan for International Warranty information and service.