ARMA Virtual InfoCon 2020 – Spotlight Session
Microfilm Conversion A-Z : Planning a Successful In-House Microfilm to Digital Conversion Project
Presented by: Doreen Breish, Roger Noel
Date: October 26, 2020
Time: 3:10 PM EST
Location: ARMA Virtual Event Platform
Whatever your objective to digitize microfilm; whether to accelerate response processing times, preserve valuable data, or to enhance ease of accessibility, proper strategic planning is vital to ensuring the timely success and completion of your microfilm to digital conversion project. There are many details that need to be ironed out, but the benefits are quite significant for organizations that transition successfully. Join nextScan, the microfilm conversion experts, as we walk you through the steps of planning an in-house microfilm to digital conversion project from beginning to end. Discover best practices that can be implemented in your scanning operation so you can ensure the successful transition of your microfilm assets to digital formats.
In this Spotlight Session you will learn:
- How digitization resolves issues that are common with the retention of physical microfilm archives.
- How to assess your current situation and your end goals to determine the best approach for the planning, design, and implementation of your microfilm conversion project.
- How to assess microfilm conversion equipment to find the solution that will best suite your project needs.
- How to identify and prevent unexpected issues with potential to escalate and cause cost increases.
- How digitized microfilm records are transferred to third party data management systems and accessed post-conversion.
Comments are closed.