Live Webinar | Overcoming the Challenges of Large-Scale Microfilm Digitization: 8 Ways to Move Your Project Efficiently
Date: January 12, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM (MST)
Presenter: Roger Noel – Western Regional Sales Manager, Adam Cecil – Technical Sales Manager
Overcoming the Challenges of Large-Scale Microfilm Digitization: 8 Ways to Move Your Project Efficiently
During its heyday, microfilm was the dominant storage medium for important documents, and it was used almost universally by government agencies and businesses of all sizes.
In the present day, digital files have surpassed microfilm in almost every way, but there are still millions upon millions of vital historical collections that remain trapped on microfilm. Converting them to digital format before they deteriorate is a high priority, but in some large-scale operations, converting thousands of reels of micrographic media into digital documents can be an intimidating task. If you haven’t done this kind of project before, you can quickly run into unexpected cost increases and missed deadlines caused by mistakes in your planning and execution.
In this one-hour webinar, Roger Noel will show you why your intimidating microfilm conversion task doesn’t need to be so frightening – if you have the proper equipment. nextScan has decades of experience designing and building high-speed microfilm readers, as well as managing large-scale conversion projects, and we’ll share our expertise to show you:
- What a fully configurable workflow process means, and how it can make your project run efficiently;
- Document-naming and quality-control best practices, and how they can save time when used with index and audit tools;
- How to gain flexibility and reach peak auditing productivity by employing multiple audit workstations;
- Ways to increase accuracy by eliminating data loss – including nextScan’s top-to-bottom, end-to-end raw ribbon data capture;
- How to plan and track the progress of your team’s conversion operation by monitoring and reporting workstreams;
- Why high initial image quality is crucial to effective post-processing steps, such as OCR;
- How a scalable project plan helps you outperform when you need to – including how licensing and equipment factor in to your peak load capacity requirements;
- Why consulting with a professional before you start will save you time and money in the long run – since you’ll know how to tackle your project head-on!
nextScan bridges the gap between microfilm and the digital world as the leading scanning solution developed in partnership with government agencies and scanning service providers to deliver unmatched productivity and return on investment. nextScan’s scanners convert large amounts of microfilmed data to quality digital images with optimum speed and efficiency. We know a thing or two about microfilm, and we want to ensure that your microfilm conversion operation is performing at its highest efficacy, technologically and economically.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.